liquidskin76

Re: Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Post by liquidskin76 »

Ah, ok. So 10sec clip is cool!
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Hi Mike,

Was that sample ok? I think that particular sample throws up an error straight away, as opposed to sitting at zero time remaining and not completing.

Thanks
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

liquidskin76 wrote:Was that sample ok? I think that particular sample throws up an error straight away, as opposed to sitting at zero time remaining and not completing.
Is this video straight from blu-ray disc? It looks like a x264 re-encoded video. Did you do any processing on MKV file at all?
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

No, that was straight from the blu-ray (Avatar), decrytped on the fly with anydvd, and run through tsmuxer stripping out all unwanted audio and subs, then outputted as the 10 sec sample in question.

Thanks
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Actually, it might have been backed up in full to my HDD, then run through tsmuxer... can't remember now! Either way, it straight from the disc. No re-encoding or anything.

Cheers
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

OK, done some more testing.

The sample i uploaded had H.264 vid.

Just tested a bd backup (HP6) that has gone through tsmuxer, that has VC1 vid and it worked fine!

Tested another that has MPEG2 vid (Kingdon Of Heaven) and it failed, sitting at zero time remaining without saving. Tested another that has H.264 and it failed striaght away.

So it looks like its only happening on BD's that have H.264 vid (failing outright) or MPEG2 vid (sitting at zero time remaining).
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Yea, just tested another VC1 BD and it worked fine.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The ones I've tried were all h.264 and I get some of them that hang at the end and some that crash outright in the beginning.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Hey SamuriHL,

Have you got a vc1 or mpeg2 bd you can test to confirm?

Cheers mate
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, I just don't have time at the very moment. Maybe later today when I get back from seeing Toy Story 3. :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Your theory didn't pan out. Just did a VC1 movie converted with tsMuxer and it's hanging at the end. So, the type of video is a red herring I'm afraid.

P.S. I kept this simple, too. No subs. Just a VC1 and DTS-HD MA track.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Ah, ok! Damn!! Mind you, I did only do two vc1 tests.

Hi Mike,

How did the sample behave at your end?

Cheers
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, just coincidental I'm afraid. I've done a bunch of them and none of them worked for me. In fact, I've never gotten ANY tsMuxer output to work with MakeMKV at all. Not sure what's going on there but hopefully Mike can figure it out. If you need more samples, Mike, let me know. I'll whip something up if you need it. Otherwise, just pick a movie, run the MPLS for the main movie through tsMuxer (in your case, I guess after you rip it to hard drive with MakeMKV :D), and select BD Folder Structure for the output. It'll hang. At least it does for me on every single one I've tried.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The H264 video in that sample misses so-called "access unit" headers that are required per blu-ray specification and are certainly present on avatar disc. Did you specify "change fps", "change level" or "remove pulldown" for video track?
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

No, i just left tsmuxer settings as default. Is the fact that the access unit headers are missing causing the problem? Is it poss that tsmuxer is removing the access unit headers? It can't be anydvd removing them as i get same if i backup with dvdfab or makemkv.

I'll uploads some more samples later for you check and confirm is the unit headers are missing as well.

SamuriHL,

Can you upload a samples as well to confirm if your vid is also missing this info?

Thanks