Feature Req - Disable decryption

Everything related to MakeMKV
Marc_G

Re: Feature Req - Disable decryption

Post by Marc_G »

I've had two or three discs BD fail to open when MakeMKV runs on top of AnyDVDHD (and dozens that worked just fine). Temporarily disabling AnyDVDHD solve the problem in these rare cases.
shanec

Post by shanec »

I used to be able to rip a Blu-Ray to an ISO using AnyDVDHD, then later use makemkv on the iso. At least 75% of the time these days though it fails part way through making the MKV from the ISO file. If I make a backup using MKV, it has no problem. Interestingly using the remux only to mkv part of DVDFab (trial version) can make mkv's without issue from the anydvdhd iso....

Kind of annoying to be honest. If makemkv worked for everything I wouldn't need both programs but yeah.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

@ShaneC:

I had similar problems on .isos (decrypted by AnyDVDHD) a while back... MakeMKV would choke on maybe 1 in 10 BDs but other programs were OK. I think it cleared up around version ~1.54 or so. Haven't tested lately, because when I rip now I make the .iso (including protection) and then immediately use MakeMKV (or other methods if I want non-PGS subtitles) to generate the MKV file from the commercial disc so that I can file the disc away and never need to touch it again. I store the .iso until I'm sure I don't want to see any extra content or anything then delete it.

I believe Mike's product philosophy is that the decryption is a major part of the product and if I understand correctly he's not interested in having a way to turn it off. I'm open to being corrected though.

Marc
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Well, it would be a nice feature but if he's not interested he's not interested. Such is life.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The warning is there for a reason - AnyDVD wasn't decrypting M2TS files correctly, but for a pretty long time decryption code in MakeMKV is fixed and AnyDVD warnig is what it is - just a warning. You can click a button and MakeMKV will continue with decrypted disc. If you encounter an error with latest version of MakeMKV and AnyDVD then please a debug log here.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

Will do, Mike! Thanks for the input.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Ok, thanks Mike! I wasn't sure if there was a genuine conflict with running them both at the same time. If MakeMKV knows that it's an unprotected structure then that's fine.