Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Everything related to MakeMKV
SamuriHL

Re: Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Post by SamuriHL »

Glad to know it's not just me then. Thanks for everyone who's posted here. Mike, it's happening to me on *EVERY* tsMuxer produced BD structure. Even AVCHD structures. It either errors out immediately or it hangs at the end. It should be quite easy to repro with just about any disc.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Yep, like Samuri said, it happens on every tsmuxer output i create!

Cheers
drsuchit

Post by drsuchit »

SamuriHL wrote:Glad to know it's not just me then. Thanks for everyone who's posted here. Mike, it's happening to me on *EVERY* tsMuxer produced BD structure. Even AVCHD structures. It either errors out immediately or it hangs at the end. It should be quite easy to repro with just about any disc.
I agree fully with SamuriHL.

My discs also used to hang at the very end. Spooky,isnt it?

Each and every one of the TSMUXER created blu rays( burnt using IMGBURN on Verbatim/Sony 25GB media).

BY THE WAY,EACH ONE PLAYED WITHOUT A GLITCH ON BOTH MY PS3s.

I think friends, we are looking at a MAKEMKV bug right in the eye.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Which version of tsMuxER do you use? Please provide exact version and platform - windows, osx or linux.
drsuchit

Post by drsuchit »

I use MAKEMKV version 1.5.6,the latest one,Windows Vista 32 bit,Sony Vaio blu ray laptop(with Matshita blu ray burner).

Software: MAKEMKV,TSMUXER,IMGBURN.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Which version of tsMuxER?
drsuchit

Post by drsuchit »

mike admin wrote:Which version of tsMuxER?
The latest TSMUXER for Windows,1.10.6
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and am using the same version of tsMuxer. But, I have ISO's that were created with previous versions of tsMuxer, as well, and those don't work either. (Maybe those are the ones that error out immediately. I can't say for sure but that would make sense. I honestly don't know what titles were created with which version except the more recent ones I've done.)
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Same here, Win7 64bit and the latest version of tsmuxer (1.10.6).

Thanks
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Mike, this isn't a "when" question...simply an "if" question. :) Is this issue being looked into at all? I'm simply curious of the status. Thanks!!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Guys, it's mystic. We have ran latest tsMuxer on our blu-ray library, trying PAL, NTSC and all audio codecs. It worked on every single disc. Please try to reproduce on a short disc; can you create "blu-ray disc" in tsMuxer that is few seconds long, by using "cut" feature and send it to support@makemkv.com ?

You are creating blu-ray files out of a single decrypted M2TS file, right?
drsuchit

Post by drsuchit »

No.

In fact, ALL the TSMUXER created blu rays that I tried to rip were made like this:

loading the MKV file of the MAKEMKV ripped movie into TSMUXER and running it in blu ray disc mode so it makes a PS3 playable blu ray disc structure from the loaded MKV. The discs themselves were burnt with IMGBURN.All played flawlessly in my PS3.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

I've been backing up with AnyDVD, then running the decrypted blu-ray's main mpls/m2ts file through tsmuxer, stripping out unwanted audio, etc, then outputing as blu-ray. Also tried outputing as avchd.

I've also tested with a makemkv decrypted backup (not a makemkv converted mkv file, but straight full disc backup) and dvdfab backup. Got the same.

I'll try and email over a very short sample today. If i can't email i'll upload to mediafire.

Thanks Mike.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Hi Mike,

Do you need the sample to be 120 seconds, so makemkv can open? I've uploads a 10 seconds sample here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?myfynxz2lyf

...however i can't open with MakeMKV as it ignores it due to being under 120 seconds.

A 120 second samples comes in at over 400mb!

Thanks
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The duration can be set in the options, so, that should be fine. If you need another sample, let me know. I can easily make one, as well. I rip the streams I want with EAC3To and then reassemble them with tsMuxer. On every single one I've done this, I get the problems described.