new version won't run

Everything related to MakeMKV
ender34

new version won't run

Post by ender34 »

I downloaded the latest version, or tried to. It uninstalled the old version, or said it had. But when it tried to run it found the old version still running, or thought it was. I deleted the old version. or thought I had. I re-downloaded the latest version; I'm sure I did. It told me the old version was still running, or thought it was. I'm at wit's end; I'm sure I am. If anyone out there who knows how to fix this I'd really appreciate their help. I know I would.
Woodstock

Re: new version won't run

Post by Woodstock »

The current version contains a key that expired at the end of May. Mike posted a replacement key in June, which expires in a couple of weeks, that will make it valid again.

The key is found in the Announcements section, with the subject MakeMKV is free while in beta.

To use it, set your system DATE to 20 May 2016. Start MakeMKV. You can now reset your date to the current date.

In MakeMKV, click "Help", then "Register", and put the new beta key in.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
howsmyhair

Post by howsmyhair »

I have the same issue, I decided to pay for the license I use MakeMKV all the time so I figured what the heck. However I received the key and it does not work. I contacted support and received no response. Any idea on how to apply the key? The Key I received is very long 68 characters long and a combo of alpha numeric and special characters. However no matter how I apply it to MakeMKV it wont work.

Any ideas?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It should be as simple (on Window or Mac) clicking on Help, Register, then pasting the key into the blank

Linux is done differently. You have to put the key into a file using a text editor, and I don't know what file that is.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging

Post by 16442496 »

In Linux based OS you can do:

Makemkv--> Help-->Register-->"Enter registration code"

or

Go to your home directory (Show hidden files), open .MakeMKV directory --> settings.conf, app_key = "license_key_here"

On KDE Plasma desktop:

Dolphin, (press Alt+. for show hidden files)--> .MakeMKV--> settings.conf

or in terminal

nano /home/YOU/.makeMKV/settings.conf (YOU is your username)

find line:

app_key =

Or you can make your own command line script to install your key. Never try that my self.
I am too lazy, so i use graphical way on Makemkv.

(I have edited this like a thousand times now. It looks English, put when you re-read it's not... I really have to get tutor to teach me how to write in English) )
Last edited by 16442496 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ODD: TSSTcorp. CDDVDW SH-224DB

Post by 16442496 »

howsmyhair wrote:I have the same issue, I decided to pay for the license I use MakeMKV all the time so I figured what the heck. However I received the key and it does not work. I contacted support and received no response. Any idea on how to apply the key? The Key I received is very long 68 characters long and a combo of alpha numeric and special characters. However no matter how I apply it to MakeMKV it wont work.

Any ideas?

Just copy/paste it to Makemkv.

Exsampl:. Your e-mail. Select that key to your mouse. Hit Ctrl+c and open Makemkv-->Help--> Register--> that blank space there, click it with your mouse and hit Ctrl+V.
ODD: TSSTcorp. CDDVDW SH-224DB