El Capitan and Yosemite compatibility?

Everything related to MakeMKV
tcoble33

El Capitan and Yosemite compatibility?

Post by tcoble33 »

Are there known compatibility issues with MakeMKV and the two latest versions of OS X? Everything seemed to be working smoothly through Mavericks, but since I upgraded my Macs to Yosemite - and then El Capitan - I haven't been able to successfully complete a Blu-Ray rip. I've tried multiple machines and external drives (as well as various versions of MakeMKV), but am having the same issue and the only common denominator seems to be the OS.
Lovely Rita

Re: El Capitan and Yosemite compatibility?

Post by Lovely Rita »

Sorry to say..............but I've had no issues with any Mac OS and Makemkv.
Might be helpful for you to expand on what issues you're having, error messages, etc....
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
tcoble33

Re: El Capitan and Yosemite compatibility?

Post by tcoble33 »

I had just been running into some issues with failed rips and the common thread seemed to be that they had emerged on machines that I had recently upgraded to Yosemite and/or El Capitan. I figured that if there were some known incompatibility with those OS versions it would save me from wasting a lot of time on troubleshooting. As it turns out, I was able to get everything back up and running on at least one of my machines, so I'm good - at least for the moment.

Thanks for your reply - it was actually exactly what I was looking for and was quite helpful.