Issues playing backups

Everything related to MakeMKV
MrBfJohn

Issues playing backups

Post by MrBfJohn »

I'm trying to backup my collection of 3D blu rays, and so far I've been struggling.
The method I've tried so far is to create a full backup using MakeMKV, then use Cyberlink "Power 2 go 10" to create an iso out of the folders. Then I'm trying to play them in Cyberlink "PowerDVD 15", so far without any success. I either get a massage saying PowerDVD can't play one of the files, or I get a message saying I need to upgrade my blu ray player to play this disc. I tried backing up without decrypting, but then I can't make an iso out of the folders. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Or perhaps a different method I could use?
If it helps narrow it down, PowerDVD does play the disc just fine.

Also, do I need to include the MakeMKV folder in the iso? I'm sure the original disc wouldn't have it.

Thanks in advance

John

*Edit* I've found a post regarding making a 3d MKV by selecting the MVC tick box. I'll also give this a go and see if it's an acceptable solution.
MrBfJohn

Re: Issues playing backups

Post by MrBfJohn »

Well, the 3D MKV file didn't work. PowerDVD just played it as a 2D file and wouldn't switch to 3D. Stereoscopic player starts playing the file, then after a few seconds locks up.
Damn!