when will ya be updating makemkv?

Everything related to MakeMKV
danBoi2016

Post by danBoi2016 »

so we can rip 4k uhd blurays and new blurays that come out this year?

please hurry up and crack aac 2.0 thanks
electronicsguy

Re: when will ya be updating makemkv?

Post by electronicsguy »

danBoi2016 wrote:when will ya be updating makemkv?

hmm. so exactly how many 1000s of $$ plus equipment have you contributed to the developer for the time and effort?
matt198t

Post by matt198t »

electronicsguy wrote:
danBoi2016 wrote:when will ya be updating makemkv?

hmm. so exactly how many 1000s of $$ plus equipment have you contributed to the developer for the time and effort?
Just what I was thinking.

'please hurry up' :mrgreen: I lol'd
OnePunchLuffy

Post by OnePunchLuffy »

Actually this is something I also like to know. I am new to Makemkv and I'm wondering if there will be any further development after the story with AnyDVD.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm glad I don't drink coffee as I'd have spit it all over my laptop from laughing so hard at the "please hurry up" comment. LOL! Here's the problem with this whole thing...AACS was never "cracked" in the first place. Now you want AACS 2.0 to be "cracked" "quickly". Yea, no. There is a chain of decryption that has to happen, and multiple pieces put in place within that chain. Not to mention the lack of hardware on the PC right now for reading UHD discs. You may also note that PowerDVD 16 does NOT include UHD support. That may not seem significant to you, but, it is. Here's the original AACS decryption chain of events:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_ ... ent_System

AACS 2.0, depending on whether they use "basic" or "enhanced" can be quite a bit more of a pain in the ass to deal with.

The take away here is there's going to be nothing "quick" about it. It could be months or longer.
Ant93

Post by Ant93 »

Yeah, I agree with the subsequent posts that it will be a while before UHD discs can be copied in the way that DVD's/regular BD's can now, the copy protection scheme will have to be reverse engineered which will probably take months or even a year or 2!

Not only that, there is a lack of hardware (and indeed software!) that can read UHD discs at the moment, their copy protection will be even more complex, and government organisations are trying to shut down developers/distributors of software that can copy commercial discs, just look at what happened with AnyDVD and DVDFab!
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

Ant93 wrote:... and government organisations are trying to shut down developers/distributors of software that can copy commercial discs, just look at what happened with AnyDVD and DVDFab!
Neither of which are gone. AnyDVD has returned under a new banner and DVDFab just moved their website domain to a location untouchable.
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

Amused by the thread myself, lol. Hurry! Now! Before they stop making new discs!
SamuriHL wrote: Not to mention the lack of hardware on the PC right now for reading UHD discs
Newer BDXL drives as well as certain less-new drives with correct firmware will read the discs.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

AFAIK it remains to be seen whether they support AACS 2.0, however.