Can not load version 1.8.14

Everything related to MakeMKV
smallpox

Can not load version 1.8.14

Post by smallpox »

Yes, this is a noob ?, but I am registered and I can't get the latest version to load. It appears that everything is good when I download, but every time I open up Makemkv, it says that I have version 13 and version 14 is available. I went to uninstall version 13 and it says that I have version 14. I am confused.

Also, I tried to rip Opeth/Heritage DVD video disc with MKV and got a file that VLC could not play (dts and DD versions), although the stereo files did work. I tried to rip it with .mkv and .flac and still could not get a file that vlc could play. When I transferred it to Handbrake, I got 9, 0:00 minute Chapters and one 57:35 chapter.
ndjamena

Re: Can not load version 1.8.14

Post by ndjamena »

Reinstall it, and make sure the GUI is CLOSED first.
smallpox

Post by smallpox »

Windows 7 x64

Closed GUI. Clicked on download. Asked me if I wanted to uninstall previous version. I replied yes. Installed new version 1..8.14. Rebooted. Opened up Makemkv beta and got "MakeMKV v1.8.13 win(x64-release) started". When I start the process, the log says the new version 1.8.14 is available with a link to the Makemkv web site.

If I go to uninstall, it says I have version 1.8.14.

Can I uninstall with Windows without losing my register code? Is there something I have to do with my register code to get updates?

I could uninstall, delete all the files in my C drive and reinstall, but I am concerned that I will lose my register number.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The registration code is stored in the registry, so yes, you can uninstall without losing it.

The process of updating is complicated by the fact that, after you say "yes" to uninstall the old version, the INSTALL continues, as the uninstall starts. Wait until the uninstall says it is complete before allowing the install to move on.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging