3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
Batiatus

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by Batiatus »

All of which can be eliminated in ripping an ISO with just the main movie. Instead you are ripping a MKV, then converting it to ISO. DVDFab will rip just the main movie without any of the extras you listed.
docchris

Post by docchris »

dvdfab being free of course?
docchris

Post by docchris »

plus the original intention was to keep my 100+ 3D movies in MKV, but since I cant find a satisfactory solution to play them back in full quality I reconverted them to ISO so that powerDVD could play them
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

While I wait for my BD-RE DL (had to order online since no local stores sell them), has anyone had luck with getting in touch of Stereoscopic Player's author?

Wanted to ask him is AMD HD3D the only way to get FHD3D (for my Windows 7/AMD laptop). I couldn't get HD3D to work; returns with a DirectX error.
docchris

Post by docchris »

i would imagine so

but on my 60" TV, HSBS still looks pretty good!
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

My Panasonic TV is a bit quirky when it comes to H-SBS or H-TAB. If I play them via HDMI input (via Laptop), video will lag in 3D mode (not in 2D). If I play them using TV's built-in media player, then A/V is in sync.

But TV's built-in media player is very picky with FLAC. It won't open and downmix 7.1 to 5.1, nor be able to open 24 bits FLAC.

Anyway, I was looking at some Blu-ray player, and I came across a Samsung BD-F5900 BD player that claims it can open MVC on mkv (manual, page 9). Can any Samsung owner confirms?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Given how detailed that page is, could well be a mistake, so checking is a really good idea.

But it's an official, licensed BD player (thus, Cinavia)…
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

Just an update.

I bought Samsung FM-59C (a refurbished version of F5900) and gave it some test run. My results,

* It can play 3D MVC in .m2ts generated from tsmuxer. Note audio is limited to DD or DTS 5.1. LPCM is not supported despite manual says so.
* It can play burned BD using ISO generated from txmuser. In this case 3D MVC and LPCM will work.
* Note that if your receiver does not support 7.1 and you have a 7.1 LPCM track, it will downmix to 2.0. Why it doesn't just downmix to 5.1 is beyond me.
docchris

Post by docchris »

Can it play MVC in MKV ?
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

docchris wrote:Can it play MVC in MKV ?
No it cannot, despite manual says so. Samsung manual contains a lot of incorrect information.

You can use tsmuxer to remux MVC MKV into single .m2ts and it will work. But you have to convert audio into DD or DTS 5.1.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

Stumbled upon this thread. http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 248#p34248

Figured out the player controls shortcuts. Also got ffdshow configured to output HD audio and messed with the delay to get things close to lined up for now. But the issue I'm having is flickering. It seems like the left and right eye streams are not in sync. When there's a cut or quick movement in the video things seem to flash. When I watch the video without glasses it does look like one stream changes before the other and this 'effect' is very distracting. Haven't been able to find any setting for this. Anyone using Stereoscopic have any suggestions?

During slower/still motion the image is beautiful and the HD audio almost perfect. It's much better than before (though still cumbersome) but the flickering needs to be corrected.
sapstar

Post by sapstar »

I just bought a Egreat R6S Plus Pro media player. It is able to play 3D files created using makemkv fine. The only problem I have is that it starts playing in 2D format, but if I select 3D side by side from the menu, It starts playing in 3D. Then I renamed the file to include "SBS.3D" in the name. Now it plays the MVC MKV file in 3D automatically. This media player is much cheaper than buying TMT/PDVD + AnyDVD(for cinavia fix) and also consumes much less power than running from my computer.

I have compared the 3D quality with my PS3 and couldn't tell any difference. They are both playing Frame Packed 3D on 1080P at 24Hz.
Last edited by sapstar on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiliconKid

Post by SiliconKid »

@sapstar:

What you are saying makes no sense.

If you are forcing your TV into SBS mode that should definitely NOT work with any MVC encoded 3D MKV movie.

The encoding is completely different and SBS is a completely different way of encoding a 3D movie that requires re-encoding of the source to either horziontally (SBS) or vertically (TAB) compress the source frames so that 2 frames can fit into 1 normal 1080p frame.

MVC encoding, on the other hand, does no such thing, and is basically proper frame packing as it comes off the source Blu-Ray disc.

Putting your TV into SBS mode should definitely NOT result in any MVC 3D content playing properly.

It sounds to me like you are actually putting your TV in to 2D to 3D conversion mode.

If you play an MVC MKV 3D file on a player that does not know how to handle MVC 3D properly, all it does is play the left eye in 2D.

It sounds like your new player is doing that, and then you're telling your TV to convert the 2D to 3D for you.

That is most definitely NOT the same thing as playing actual frame packed 3D from an MVC MKV container, at all.

Furthermore, if your media player was playing the MVC MKV properly, your TV WOULD automatically switch to 3D and you wouldn't have to force it to do anything.

There is still so much confusion around 3D formats and how it all works ... clearly.
sapstar

Post by sapstar »

SiliconKid wrote:@sapstar:

What you are saying makes no sense.

If you are forcing your TV into SBS mode that should definitely NOT work with any MVC encoded 3D MKV movie.

The encoding is completely different and SBS is a completely different way of encoding a 3D movie that requires re-encoding of the source to either horziontally (SBS) or vertically (TAB) compress the source frames so that 2 frames can fit into 1 normal 1080p frame.

MVC encoding, on the other hand, does no such thing, and is basically proper frame packing as it comes off the source Blu-Ray disc.

Putting your TV into SBS mode should definitely NOT result in any MVC 3D content playing properly.

It sounds to me like you are actually putting your TV in to 2D to 3D conversion mode.

If you play an MVC MKV 3D file on a player that does not know how to handle MVC 3D properly, all it does is play the left eye in 2D.

It sounds like your new player is doing that, and then you're telling your TV to convert the 2D to 3D for you.

That is most definitely NOT the same thing as playing actual frame packed 3D from an MVC MKV container, at all.

Furthermore, if your media player was playing the MVC MKV properly, your TV WOULD automatically switch to 3D and you wouldn't have to force it to do anything.

There is still so much confusion around 3D formats and how it all works ... clearly.
Sorry. i am not making my TV into sbs. Only the media player. TV plays frame packed 3d at 24hz. I think the media player only recognises a title as 3d if there is sbs or tab in the name... so it is not triggering 3d playback. Once I put this in the name. 3D frame packed is automatically triggered.
Also it has the same chip (realtek 1186) as the Mede8er which is known to play 3d mvc mkv, but only less than 1/3rd the price (?134 vs ?44).

You can see full specs here.
http://en.egreatworld.com/en/product-detail-322.html
SiliconKid

Post by SiliconKid »

Homepage for the eGreat player here: http://en.egreatworld.com/en/product-detail-322.html

It doesnt explicitly state support for MVC MKV, but it does seem to support 3D Blu-Ray ISO so it's conceivable that it can handle MVC.

I still find it very odd that you have to tell the player to go into SBS mode to play an MVC 3D file properly.

It still sounds like it's playing it in 2D and converting it to 3D.