1.8.9 - File naming seems to be a bit broken

Everything related to MakeMKV
SiliconKid

1.8.9 - File naming seems to be a bit broken

Post by SiliconKid »

I'm busy ripping several Blu-Rays and it looks like MakeMKV is ignoring the Filename that I set before I start ripping now.

No matter what I set the output Filename to, it always writes the rip to "MovieName_t01.mkv".

I picked this immediately on trying to rip 2 BDs in a row because despite me giving it an explicit output filename for the 2nd rip, it complained that the output file already existed and it would not proceed.

So I went and renamed the 1st rip, then tried again, and it worked, but it ignored the filename I gave it and created "MovieName_t01.mkv" instead.

This is not exactly a train smash and is easy enough to work around, but it's pretty annoying, and I'm pretty sure it's a new bug that wasn't here before.

Thanks

Allan
PaulCB

Re: 1.8.9 - File naming seems to be a bit broken

Post by PaulCB »

Interesting. FWIW, I've not seen the issue on a few BR's and one DVD that I used this version on.
Are you sure you had the main title highlighted when you change it? (I've not goofed a few times and changed the name of a different title on the disc, not realizing what I'd highlighted). Assuming you did, you may want to try a uninstall, reboot, re-install since we aren't all seeing this.
SiliconKid

Re: 1.8.9 - File naming seems to be a bit broken

Post by SiliconKid »

Hi PaulCB

I can assure you, it's doing what I say it's doing, and I've been using this software for a long time.

But admittedly the specific circumstances under which the problem occurred were not normal, in that, I ripped a 2D version of the movie, and then immediately after that I ripped the 3D version of the movie.

The movie name was therefore identical in both cases, hence the duplicated file name.

I definitely set the file name against the correct title the 2nd time, to something completely different to the default, and yet it ignored me completely and used the default anyway.

The duplication of file names wasn't really the issue because across different discs the default name will be different anyway 99% of the time (this was an edge case), it was more the fact that it seemed to completely ignore the new file name I gave it explicitly and insisted on using the default.

I'll be doing more ripping soon, so I'll pay close attention to this and see what it does and report back.