Just converted a 3D BD ISO to MKV REMUX but it plays 2D!!

Everything related to MakeMKV
botdvd

Just converted a 3D BD ISO to MKV REMUX but it plays 2D!!

Post by botdvd »

Used latest Version and opened a 3D BD ISO and checked MVC-3D

The end resault Plays 2D in VLC, if i play it in my wdtv live streamer on my 3D tv will it play 3D?

Read something about menu and such, is there a guide for 3D ripping?

DVDfab convert to SBS but what is MVC?

Thank You all. Please respond.
Romansh

Re: Just converted a 3D BD ISO to MKV REMUX but it plays 2D!

Post by Romansh »

botdvd wrote:Used latest Version and opened a 3D BD ISO and checked MVC-3D

The end resault Plays 2D in VLC, if i play it in my wdtv live streamer on my 3D tv will it play 3D?

MVC is 3D as implemented on Blu-ray (in a nutshell, a "core" 2D view which an MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 decoder should be able to decode, and an "extension" with the difference between the 1st and 2nd view).

Neither VLC nor the WD TV have an MVC decoder, so they'll only play the 2D portion of the video stream.

The Popcorn Hour A-400 supports MVC, but not in MKV yet (at least not the last time I checked). Some Realtek-based players (such as the Mede8er X3D series, and probably others) do support MVC in MKV though.
botdvd

Post by botdvd »

Thanks.

Found Mede8er MED1000X3D on a online shop. Will buy that one.

Does it support full 3DBD ISO playback?

And do i just start playing my MVC-3D MKV and it will play as 3D? or do i do some changes on settings either on player or tv?

Thanks, just wanna know before i buy.

And if this player play MVC MKV then i won`t bother With SBS MKV.
twa000

Post by twa000 »

botdvd wrote:Thanks.

Found Mede8er MED1000X3D on a online shop. Will buy that one.

Does it support full 3DBD ISO playback?

And do i just start playing my MVC-3D MKV and it will play as 3D? or do i do some changes on settings either on player or tv?

Thanks, just wanna know before i buy.

And if this player play MVC MKV then i won`t bother With SBS MKV.
Choice of player depends on where you are going to keep (or not) your movies, MKV or ISO (or both) and lastly Jukebox.
In terms of Realtek-based players, (in my view) you have a choice of Mede8er (600X3D/1000X3D)or HDI-Dune (303D/Base3D).
The Dune handles some audio better than the Mede8er (e.g. DTS HD) and PCM.

Both suppliers handle ISO 3D, but both have issues with some BluRays due to the streams and you don't get a BluRay menu, just BD lite due to license fees, which means its difficult to work what to play, other than usually the main movie.

Only Meder8er currently supports MVC (but you have to use a naming convention (e.g. Avenger.SBSMKV.MKV) , although it is expected from Dune (unfortunately Dune, although good at providing firmware updates even for old boxes, are a law unto themselves and never have published a schedule... it just arrives. So normally deliver, but timeframe?!!

Although Meder8er have just radically improved their firmware (V2) to support a Jukebox, in my view(!) it does not compare to the 2 main offerings on the Dune (Zappiti or Yadis - both PC based to generate the Jukebox library)

From ISO your 3D TV should recognise the 3D, and also from MKV providing you use the convention.

If not use the TV remote to change to 3D format................and of course the glasses.

Both the 600 and 303D are really small and cute boxes (I currently have both) which will do everything that their bigger brothers will do, except hold a 3.5 disk, so if like many you store movies on a network, the smaller boxes will do everything..
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

twa000 wrote:In terms of Realtek-based players, (in my view) you have a choice of Mede8er (600X3D/1000X3D)or HDI-Dune (303D/Base3D).
Except the Dunes are Sigma-based ;-)
twa000

Post by twa000 »

Romansh wrote:
twa000 wrote:In terms of Realtek-based players, (in my view) you have a choice of Mede8er (600X3D/1000X3D)or HDI-Dune (303D/Base3D).
Except the Dunes are Sigma-based ;-)
.... and you are absolutely correct as usual :)
I guess I was rushing to answer before being yanked out to the shops :D by my wife... another mental slip......just old age
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

I just started looking into this technology and purchased a WD TV device to watch my networked media elsewhere in the house. I have tried playing a 3D mkv file from the device, but while I get the audio and subtitles, it seems to be ignoring the 2D stream as well as the 3D MVC. Is there a setting on the WD TV device that I need to adjust? Is there a flag I need to set in the MKV file during creation?