Question about free part of MakeMkv

Everything related to MakeMKV
bwash

Question about free part of MakeMkv

Post by bwash »

It says that makemkv will always be free to use on DVDs. I do not ever intend to rip anything but DVDs so if somehow the web site was not available in the future would my current beta version of makemkv continue to work on DVDs only?
I am wondering if I should purchase to assure I would always have makemkv
available in case something happens to the website.

Thank you
mike admin

Re: Question about free part of MakeMkv

Post by mike admin »

bwash wrote:It says that makemkv will always be free to use on DVDs. I do not ever intend to rip anything but DVDs so if somehow the web site was not available in the future would my current beta version of makemkv continue to work on DVDs only?
Sort of. It will, but eventually it will declare itself "too old" and ask you to install a newer version. At that point your only choice (assuming new version is unavailable) would be to set the date back before running MakeMKV.
bwash

Re: Question about free part of MakeMkv

Post by bwash »

mike admin wrote:
bwash wrote:It says that makemkv will always be free to use on DVDs. I do not ever intend to rip anything but DVDs so if somehow the web site was not available in the future would my current beta version of makemkv continue to work on DVDs only?
Sort of. It will, but eventually it will declare itself "too old" and ask you to install a newer version. At that point your only choice (assuming new version is unavailable) would be to set the date back before running MakeMKV.
Thank you for the answer...I will purchase MakeMKV to assure I will always be able to use it in the future.