Forced subtitle label

Everything related to MakeMKV
mike admin

Re: Forced subtitle label

Post by mike admin »

Chetwood wrote:
Ghostm wrote:any time i tried to quote you, it seemed to be pending moderator approval and i have no idea why it was not posted.
Beats me, why I was moderated, there were no swear words and I even forgot I was in the moderation queue so I posted something similar again. Oh well.
The [URL] tag enables auto-moderation, even if url points to this site. This will be fixed eventually. In-line links to this site do not enable auto-moderation.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

mike admin wrote:The [URL] tag enables auto-moderation, even if url points to this site. This will be fixed eventually. In-line links to this site do not enable auto-moderation.
Any way this could be made dependent on the post count as well?
nevcairiel

Post by nevcairiel »

Chetwood wrote:Which would require additional logic for people like me who always rip both English and German tracks. So if I were to watch Avatar in english with english subs, having two forced tracks automatically flagged as forced might cause problems.
Actually, not really, as long as the player does what the MKV spec tells it to do in this case, and otherwise has a smart stream selection.

Here is an excerpt from the MKV Spec regarding the "forced" flag:
There can be many forced track for a kind (audio, video or subs), the player should select the one which language matches the user preference or the default + forced track.
Right now i manually flag the appropriate sub streams as forced to get players to behave properly, but automation would be nice, even if its only possible in a custom profile.