MKV 3D palyback problem

Everything related to MakeMKV
totoloco

MKV 3D palyback problem

Post by totoloco »

Hi,

For readability, i think it's best to create a new topic.
Scorf wrote:I've tried ripping a couple of 3D discs - I selected the 3D extensions in the video box of the title, and when I playback the resultant mkv on the latest version of VLC on the Mac I just get 2D.

I've tried demuxing and then using Mkvtoolnix (latest version) to change the stereoscopy setting to 13 as suggested above but to no avail - the remuxed mkv is still resolutely 2D.

I've got some SBS torrents which I play on my Sony 3D set via my Oppo 93 so was really looking forward to being able to make my own 3D titles from 3D BDs - but it just doesnt seem to work for me.

I cant see realistically what I am doing incorrectly, but maybe I am missing something fundamental. Any thoughts, comments and suggestions would be welcome. The BD was Arabia 3D - purely as a test.
First of all, i would like to thank you for this very good software.

It's the first time i use it.
I've also tried the two solutions but without success.
I playback on PowerDVD 12 with Windows seven.

Someone has already managed to run an mkv 3D with the 1.7.4 release ?
I've no problem with "normal" SBS MKV 3D.

Sorry for my bad english.
totoloco

Re: MKV 3D palyback problem

Post by totoloco »

totoloco wrote:Hi,

For readability, i think it's best to create a new topic.
Scorf wrote:I've tried ripping a couple of 3D discs - I selected the 3D extensions in the video box of the title, and when I playback the resultant mkv on the latest version of VLC on the Mac I just get 2D.

I've tried demuxing and then using Mkvtoolnix (latest version) to change the stereoscopy setting to 13 as suggested above but to no avail - the remuxed mkv is still resolutely 2D.

I've got some SBS torrents which I play on my Sony 3D set via my Oppo 93 so was really looking forward to being able to make my own 3D titles from 3D BDs - but it just doesnt seem to work for me.

I cant see realistically what I am doing incorrectly, but maybe I am missing something fundamental. Any thoughts, comments and suggestions would be welcome. The BD was Arabia 3D - purely as a test.
First of all, i would like to thank you for this very good software.

It's the first time i use it.
I've also tried the two solutions but without success.
I playback on PowerDVD 12 with Windows seven.

Someone has already managed to run an mkv 3D with the 1.7.4 release ?
I've no problem with "normal" SBS MKV 3D.

Sorry for my bad english.
Hello,

Nobody try to make a 3D MKV with this program ?

Some help would be welcome.

Thanks.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

With MakeMKV, you get an "original" 3D MVC stream in MKV, as stored on blu-ray. There are very few ways to play this file at the moment.

The "stereoscopy mode 13" bug will be fixed in the next version.
totoloco

Post by totoloco »

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

At the moment, is it possible to use powerDVD 12 to play this kind of 3D file because i tried but it doesn't seem to work. The file play only in 2D. It's because of "the stereoscopy mode 13 bug" ?
anbrey

Post by anbrey »

does that mean it cant be played on a 3D TV via USB?