Everything related to MakeMKV
Henryb65

How can I delete the whole queue?

Post by Henryb65 »

How can I delete the whole queue?
Woodstock

Re: How can I delete the whole queue?

Post by Woodstock »

What do you mean by "whole queue"? Stop a rip that is in process?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Henryb65

Post by Henryb65 »

Sorry I had a blank moment and the question was about HANDBRAKE!!!

RESOLVED HERE but not there!!

H
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Oh, Handbrake.... ;)

You can highlight all the entries on the Queue screen, and hit DELETE, and they go away.

I've all but stopped using HB's queue, though... I use the GUI to create a minimal queue with the options I need, then have it generate a batch file, and delete everything. Since I'm generally working on 5 to 26 episodes at a time, a text editor lets me build a batch file that I can run when I have time available.
Henryb65

Post by Henryb65 »

I know this is Make MKV but going back to Handbrake. I have tried all the normal ways of all highlighting. Select/Hold shift/move down /select but no that doesn't work. Right click let's you delete 1 only. Am I missing something?

Can you enlarge what you did as I'd love to do that too!

I am on Mac Lion
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I can only tell you what works in Windows...

Click on the first entry you want to delete. Ctrl-Click on the next you want to delete, until you have selected all that you want to delete. Hit the Delete key.

If you are doing a range, click on the first, then hold the Shift key down while clicking on the last in the group. All in between are highlighted, and Delete takes them out.

The nearest person with a Mac that I could ask isn't available right now, so maybe someone else will jump in. I do recall him saying, though, that most things that use the Ctrl key in Windows use the Command key on the Mac.

On the Windows version, if you right-click on an entry, one of the menu options is "Clear All", which will delete the whole queue, after you confirm that that is what you want to do.
Henryb65

Post by Henryb65 »

Was a PC man for 27 years then changed. No regrets at all, at all. I will retry all combinations but the CMD instead of CTRL I know and it doesn't seem to work. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
Henryb65

Post by Henryb65 »

Tried all combinations and nothing works. Just the right click which gives the option to delete one at a time. Why cant they just put an option "delete all"? So simple. That's the difference between good programming and excellent programming.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Henryb65 wrote:That's the difference between good programming and excellent programming.
Because we're lazy. I could look into it, but TBH, I have many more interesting things on my to-do list, so you may have to wait a while.

A workaround would be to quit HandBrake, then relaunch, and choose "Clear queue" instead of "Reload queue".
Henryb65

Post by Henryb65 »

Please dont worry. I too have other more pressing things to do. Thanks for taking the time.

Henry