Batch Ripping

Everything related to MakeMKV
andyimmersive

Batch Ripping

Post by andyimmersive »

Hi
Any chance in a new version that batch ripping could be cattered for. I have hundreds of movies ripped to ISO and converting one a a time is a pain. If I could queue titles up I could leave the conversion runing over night.

Vid coder will do it but not without altering the video properties of the DVD which I don't want.

Any chance?

Andy
Chetwood

Re: Batch Ripping

Post by Chetwood »

I'm having trouble applying MultiShrink to MakeMKV cause the MakeMKV's windows are rendered with QT which is hard to extract info from. You should be able to write a batch to use makemkvcon and profiles.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Thumbs up!

Batch conversions would be great and are really a must. A feature similair to the batch convert of Mkvmerge would be great. Simply scan the blu-ray, select the audio/vid streams and subs that you wanna keep, click the "add to batch" button and then it cleans the window so you can add more blu-rays to the queue. I wonder why an extremely useful feature like this haven't been added yet, i'm using it with Mkvmerge all the time.
jasonwc

Post by jasonwc »

This would be a great feature. I've wanted this for TV series BDs for a while. It would be really nice to be able to add all the disks to the queue and then start the rip without any further user interaction.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

jasonwc wrote:This would be a great feature. I've wanted this for TV series BDs for a while. It would be really nice to be able to add all the disks to the queue and then start the rip without any further user interaction.
Who is going to change the discs then?

If you're converting from source already on HDD, you may as well use command-line interface, http://www.makemkv.com/developers/
jasonwc

Post by jasonwc »

The disks have already been ripped to my server for playback on my Dune. However, it's more convenient when the episodes are ripped to individual MKVs.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

If you're on Windows you can use MultiMakeMKV for batch ripping.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch