Many duplicate titles on blu ray disc

Everything related to MakeMKV
ryanjk333

Many duplicate titles on blu ray disc

Post by ryanjk333 »

I've seen threads with similar questions as mine, but never quite exactly the same. I have the blu ray "Bandslam" that I am trying to convert to MKV. I ordered it from Italy because apparently there was never a United States release of the blu ray - only the DVD. So this is a Region B blu ray.

I get a long list of titles, all the EXACT same size and length, and I don't know which one to pick. All that's different is the segment map and the source file name information that MakeMKV displays when I click on the various titles. The blu ray does not have any extended or unrated cuts nor does it have multiple angles. When I play the disc, its just the movie and a couple special features in the menu - nothing more. Since it is an Italian blu ray, it does have audio and subtitles in both Italian and English, but no matter what title I rip, all the text in images (like in the Star Wars opening scroll) all seems to be in English and look just fine. Hopefully someone can help me pick which title I should be ripping, and why. Thanks!

MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200
crowfax

Re: Many duplicate titles on blu ray disc

Post by crowfax »

More movies studio's messing around with their playlists...

If you click on each of the titles in the window on the left, the display on the right will show information about them. The correct one to use has the playlist number: 01753.MPLS

Keep that one ticked and untick all the others.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

Awesome, thanks!!

01753.MPLS was the first one in the list, so that was the one I would've picked, had I had to guess myself.

May I ask how you knew that one was the one I should choose? Do you have this disc?

Thanks again for the quick response! :D
MakeMKV registered!
Popcorn Hour C-200
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

There is also the db at the AVS forums from BDInfo. However Bandslam is not in the db. So, just for future reference, I'll post the link for the db.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1155731

SC
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

Awesome! Problem solved...thanks a lot!! :D
MakeMKV registered!
Popcorn Hour C-200