Request: Blu-Ray: no ugly list of complicated title files

Everything related to MakeMKV
md_1972

Request: Blu-Ray: no ugly list of complicated title files

Post by md_1972 »

Hallo, could you make your interface while loading a blu-ray a little bit easier, e.g. VSO Blu-ray Converter Ultimate does:

Files are displayed as main movie, bonuses or episodes
(no ugly list of complicated m2ts/title files)

This would be much easier, because here at home I have an blu-ray film containing of 4 titles.
But I dont want 4 MKV files, I want only one MKV for one film. I even don?t want to search in which order I have to put these 4 MKV files together to create the final film.

Thx a lot, Michael.

:D
MNguy

Re: Request: Blu-Ray: no ugly list of complicated title file

Post by MNguy »

Generally, if all you want is the feature, the only title you should select would the biggest in size. That is the feature and is generally the first one listed. (The other titles are things like trailers, bonus material, etc. You can tell by size.)

So, you shouldn't have to make 4 MKVs and put them together. Just select the largest file with the sound/language option you want and, if you want them, the subtitle(s).

I don't think the interface is going to be radically altered, sorry.

Hope that helps,
MNguy
md_1972

Post by md_1972 »

Hallo, I think you?re right and using only the biggest title file is the right way for converting most of the blu-rays, but I have here several blu-rays that exist of 3-or 4 combined title files, so just converting one title isn?t enough.
I hope that there will be a solution in future for them.
In fact I like the program and I?ll give it a try.
:mrgreen:
TBacker

Post by TBacker »

I have to agree that more information in the title list grid would be a very welcome addition.

I like the drop-down concept in place to see more detail, BUT when a disk has a ton of titles to weed through, it quickly becomes cumbersome to find the one you want.

I just extracted the movie Source Code, and it has 51 titles! Most are the same approximate size! I was forced to go online and search for someone else who knew which title was the one to extract.

While you may be hesitant to do all of the coding to boil the list down to "Main Feature", "Previews", etc., perhaps just add a bit more info the the summary for each title in the list?

I mocked this up as a crude example:
MakeMKV List Concept.jpg
MakeMKV List Concept.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
This may be better done as columns, but you get the idea - total number of subs, primary audio tracks.

This would make things much easier!

Thank you for your work on this app!
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

And the look up database would be?

The AVS forum?

SC