Anoying problem using multiple instances

Everything related to MakeMKV
dmitche3

Anoying problem using multiple instances

Post by dmitche3 »

I seldom use multiple instances of MakeMKV but... The problem is that I the instances keep changing which DVD/BluRay device that I had previously selected to the first in the list. Or possibly, the first that is ready with a disc. if the second disc is completed and I put a new disc in it the instance changes over to the first disc drive and attempts to parse that disc causing the rip to come to a crawl until I can cancel it and re-select the second drive again. If the disc is not ready in the drive then I can't select the drive without it flipping back to using the first drive.
Not the end of the world as this is probably only the second time in probably 10 years that I've wanted to rip multiple DVDs/BluRays at the same time.
dcoke22

Re: Anoying problem using multiple instances

Post by dcoke22 »

It sounds like you don't have 'Ask for single drive mode' turned on in MakeMKV's preferences on the IO tab. With that turned on, when MakeMKV is started it'll ask which drive you want to lock that instance of MakeMKV to. This way they don't interfere with each other.