Can't run/register 1.17.7-win

Everything related to MakeMKV
Coyote

Can't run/register 1.17.7-win

Post by Coyote »

Hello,

I used MakeMKV before and now, after a few months of pause, I need it again. I started it up and it told my that my version is outrdated. So I downloaded 1.17.7, uninstalled the old version and installed 1.17.7.

When I start it up either with user or elevated rights, the log mentiones said version number and two SCSI errors ("ILLEGAL REQUEST - INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE happend while transmitting SCSI command 46020..00140 to drive ..."), and a dialog telling me the version is too old and I need to install a newer one. It also toffers me to register, which I do with the current key from this forum, and the program seems to lock up. But after seemingly exiting it shows the registration dialogue, I enter the key, it asks me to restart. So I restart and the loop begins again.

Can someone help me?
Woodstock

Re: Can't run/register 1.17.7-win

Post by Woodstock »

The key in the archive expired already. You need a current key.

MakeMKV is free while in beta
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Thanks, wo odstock

[Sorry, this post went unnoticed. Baby-on-the-lap typing issue.]
Last edited by Coyote on Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Thanks, woodstock. Sadly my post was in quarantane for a while, and in the mean time it turned out that it was probably due to a combination of viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35274 and a DVD emulation software being active. Noticing and deactivating the emulation allowed me to register.