Blu Ray won't burn

Everything related to MakeMKV
bubbascant

Blu Ray won't burn

Post by bubbascant »

I have successfully ripped a lot of DVD and Blu Ray movies and TV series discs and 98% of them are good. With the help of this excellent forum I was able to solve an issue I had with a newly released Blu Ray 4K UltraHD disc that wouldn't burn.

I have had sporadic issues with burning Blu Ray (it's most always Blu Ray) where it will burn a good part of the movie but then fail to complete. Here are the messages showing from MakeMKV after it fails. This is what is reported in the window on MakeMKV.

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00312.m2ts' at offset '787218432'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '787218432'
Failed to save title 3 to file R:/MOVIES/Inside Out_t03.mkv
Encountered 11 errors of type 'Read Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/read/
0 titles saved, 1 failed

Another attempt:
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00312.m2ts' at offset '788594688'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '788594688'

Read error:
The ONLY reason for this error is inability of the drive to read the data from the disc. This is caused by a damaged disc, failing drive, or both. The error comes from the drive before MakeMKV has an opportunity to look at the data. Nothing else can cause this error - no protection, no software issue - only physical disc or drive damage.

Other Blu Ray movies are burning fine, as well as DVDs. The movie in question is a Blu Ray disc.