Few questions, Drive name and settings.

Everything related to MakeMKV
AveryB

Few questions, Drive name and settings.

Post by AveryB »

Ill start with a quick introduction, The name is Avery and I'm an idiot.... lol j/k j/k. Ill be serious now, so Ive been ripping movies off and on for 20+ years now and recently got pretty serious with it due and the insane streaming prices these days and boredom (adhd). I actually just purchased the makemkv license yesterday after demoing it for around 200 disks. So far im a pretty big fan of it, I wish it did better with those mildly damaged disks but it is what it is, it works for over 98% so I'm not complaining.

So to the questions
1. This is more of a windows question but here is my problem, I am running multiple drives that have similar labels. Is there a way to change the drive label so when I'm selecting a drive when I open makemkv I can easily differentiate between drives? I have 3 of the exact same drive and a similar drive. I have 3 LG WH14NS40 (firmware is flashed) and another lg BH16NS40 that's gotta be going on 15 years old.I am running windows 10 pro.

2. Subtitles, Is there a way to automatically disable ripping them so I don't have to go and do it manually every time? I know I don't have to but I do it anyway.

3. This is me more asking about legal opinion. My understanding is, as long as I personally own the physical disk to the movies I'm putting on my home server I'm all good. For the most part I stick with blu rays, my intention is if only the blu ray was in the case ill throw the case away. However if it had a dvd or 3d version of the movie I would sell them in bulk on ebay or something. Anything sound like playing with fire there? Reason being is currently I own 3-400 blu ray movies and I have another 200 in the mail, I'm buying them all in huge lots off ebay. I plan to just put all the disks in those media trappers to save space essentially.

Also I apologize if any of those questions are against the rules, I didn't even think that as a possibility till just now. I don't find myself posting in forums often. Also I am sure I have more questions but my memory is really bad for a guy of 40 trips around the sun. Thanks in advance, Avery