Using MakeMKV as a Background Decrypter?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Chris Kelly

Using MakeMKV as a Background Decrypter?

Post by Chris Kelly »

Now that RedFox's AnyDVDHD is gone, will checking the System option in the Integration tab allow integration so I can use tools such as BD Info without ripping the disc?
MartyMcNuts

Re: Using MakeMKV as a Background Decrypter?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Chris Kelly wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:22 pm
Now that RedFox's AnyDVDHD is gone, will checking the System option in the Integration tab allow integration so I can use tools such as BD Info without ripping the disc?
Dunno. Try it and find out.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Chris Kelly

Post by Chris Kelly »

When enabling all the options under the Integration tab, it's as if MakeMKV cracks the encryption without removing it because without checking the options, Windows Explorer refuses to copy the BD structure. However, with the integration options checked, it manages to copy, but the files are unreadable. If a switchable option could be added to the integration feature which would remove the encryption like when using the Backup feature, then MakeMKV could also serve as a background decrypter for use with Imgburn, BDInfo, etc..
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Chris Kelly wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:29 pm
When enabling all the options under the Integration tab, it's as if MakeMKV cracks the encryption without removing it because without checking the options, Windows Explorer refuses to copy the BD structure. However, with the integration options checked, it manages to copy, but the files are unreadable. If a switchable option could be added to the integration feature which would remove the encryption like when using the Backup feature, then MakeMKV could also serve as a background decrypter for use with Imgburn, BDInfo, etc..
AnyDVD should still work with older BDs and in case of UHDs you need to have KEYDB.cfg installed. As an alternative you could use Xreveal that looks for both BDs and UHDs in the KEYDB.cfg.
Chris Kelly

Post by Chris Kelly »

I don't think DVDFab supports my Pioneer drive. Xreveal couldn't find the key to a 4K Blu-ray I loaded. So for now, the closest way to achieve my objective is to check the VLC option in MakeMKV's Integration tab, play the disc in VLC, and while the disc is playing, get the CODEC info.