Still waiting for my product code.

Everything related to MakeMKV
aelthric

Still waiting for my product code.

Post by aelthric »

How long does it take between paying for MakeMKV via PayPal and recieving the product code in my email, I paid days ago, the money has been taken out of my account and \i am still awaiting the email with my product code, so please how much longer do I have to wait until I get the Product code I paid for? After completing the payment I was sent to a receipt page that says "Please Expect An E-mail Update Soon", how long exactly is "SOON"?

The order was created with the same email address as I used to register for this forum...

Unless I receive an adequate reply or an email in the next two days I will flag this up to Paypal as a SCAM...

The order number is available on email request...
Woodstock

Re: Still waiting for my product code.

Post by Woodstock »

Generally, you get an email with the key within a few minutes. A lot of people say their email providers hide the emails as "spam", so... Have you checked your spam folder?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
aelthric

Post by aelthric »

Thank you Woodstock for replying, yes I have checked the spam folder and there is no email in there that could possibly be from MakeMKV, the only emails in there are from Spammers known to me as I set up the filters to separate them out, I am still awaiting the email from MakeMKV and this forum seems to be the only method of contacting them...

If the admins from this forum are part of the MakeMKV team then I would appreciate them contacting me via the email I have registered with this forum which is the email I used when I paid for MakeMKV...

Upon such an email I can provide full details of the order number, method used to pay and the payment reference if necessary as proof of payment, if I haven't heard anything by email by Tuesday 28th May 2024 I will be forced to flag this as a possible Scam through my method of payment...

All I want to do is activate MakeMKV which is what I paid £53.83 for...
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Here's a thread with folks' recent experience with buying MakeMKV.

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34084&p=152945#p152945

Some people got their key as expected in an email. Others had to open a support ticket/support chat with PayPro Global, the payment processor, to get the key emailed to them.
aelthric

Post by aelthric »

UPDATE : After raising this with PayPro Global I received an email from them with a PDF containing my product registration code...

Thank you to Woodstock and particularly to dcoke22 who directed me to the thread on this forum where others had similar problems...

Given that the problem seems to be with PayPro Global then maybe the development team would be better looking to changing their third party payment processor since this reflects badly on them...

Although apparently, according to one member of this forum (d00zah) MakeMKV has been around for 10+ years, this is the first time I have even heard of it so when I am directed to a payment site and told that I will get an email with the product registration code "SOON", and when that email is NON EXISTANT and I see the money taken from my account DAYS LATER and still the email is NON EXISTANT then yes the natural assumption is that I have been SCAMMED, perhaps if the MakeMKV developers want to spend less time dealing with people whose money has been take from them with nothing in return perhaps they might like to make the thread where many people have had the same experience and where they can find out that they HAVE TO CONTACT "PAYPRO GLOBAL" with their Order number before they will get their Product Registration Code...

Apparently this is a regular occurence with this payment processor so what are the development team doing abut finding a payment processing company that will actually send on the product activation codes they are taking money for???
Last edited by aelthric on Sat May 25, 2024 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

aelthric wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 5:03 pm
Thank you for the reply dcoke22 Since so many people have had to go to extraordinary lengths to get the code they paid for I will assume this is a SCAM and request a full refund...

No wonder so much software is pirated these days when genuinely honest people, who wish to support the software creators by buying their software, are treated with nothing but contempt when all they want is what they paid for...

I'll be reporting both MakeMKV and PayProEurop as Scammers...
The issue is w/ a third-party payment processor, not the MakeMKV staff (mike admin), who's primary focus seems to be maintaining/enhancing the product. A 10+ yr product lifetime & a loyal userbase would seem to belie the 'scam' claim.

- deep breath...
- contact the payment processor & try to resolve the issue
- email support@MakeMKV.com & wait for a response (it can sometimes take a while)
PayPro Global

Post by PayPro Global »

Hello there,

We apologize for the delay in receiving your MakeMKV product code. Our records indicate the email containing the activation code was sent immediately after your purchase. Given your email filtering setup, it's highly likely it was misdirected to your spam folder.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@payproglobal.com or call:
Phone (international): +1-647-977-7769
Phone (US/Canada toll free): +1-888-317-4868
Phone (Germany toll free): +49 800 7234796
Phone (UK toll free): +44 800 368 8867
Phone (France): +33 1 856 44555

Our support team is available 24/7.

Best regards,
PayPro Global Team