Ripping my 3D Blu-Ray to MKV SBS?

Everything related to MakeMKV
jctcom

Ripping my 3D Blu-Ray to MKV SBS?

Post by jctcom »

Hello.

3D has been out for quite some time now. I do not see any mention of it from MakeMKV.

Is there a way or will there soon be a way to rip my 3D Blu-Rays into a 3d SBS MKV file using MakeMKV?

Carl.
jctcom

Re: Ripping my 3D Blu-Ray to MKV SBS?

Post by jctcom »

Well I just ripped both titles from "Despicable Me 3D" Blu-Ray and neither one looks like it is in 3D?

So I am not sure how you are doing this. Maybe someone else could comment as to their success in this?

Thank you.

Carl.
pbassjunk

Post by pbassjunk »

Hi there,

I've been googling all over trying to find more info on this. I've read both of those threads. They don't give practical information and slowly wind up in specs and conjecture land. The closest I can get from them.. this can't be done?

I've been storing all of our DVDs and BR on a plex server which we stream to Rokus [have 2 kids, they scratch the crap out of discs, so we no longer use them]. Got a 3D for christmas (LG 42" passive) as well as a bunch of 3D BR (Brave, Tangled, Tinkerbell, Disney/pixar stuff etc (and a preorder for Silent Hill Revelation - score)).

So we can rip 3d disks, but we can't do anything with them? I've used Handbrake in the past for all of my encoding. Are there any utilities that can at least access the two images (I'm assuming that's how the 3D works) so I can merge them into a SBS or TB mp4 myself?

[my apologies in advance if this is all explained concisely somewhere..]
pbassjunk

Post by pbassjunk »

I think this thread may offer the info I was looking for. I'll wait a bit. Thanks!

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5684