Netgear Stora Playback Issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
Hairlesswookiee

Netgear Stora Playback Issues

Post by Hairlesswookiee »

Hello, I'm not sure whether it's the Stora's fault, or the program's. I backed up my Iron Man Blu Ray last weekend, and when I started watching it there were a couple scenes that had a few seconds with zero sound during the playback. I didn't bother converting it with Handbrake so I have a feeling that it might just be the large file size that is causing the audio stutter during playback. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my be the culprit?
Hairlesswookiee

Re: Netgear Stora Playback Issues

Post by Hairlesswookiee »

All these people viewing and no suggestions?? Ok, well I think it's the Stora that's causing the problem. I started watching another movie that I ripped, and it played flawlessly on my computer, and was perfect on the Stora until I cut it off at the halfway mark. IMO it might be the Stora having a hard time buffering the playback over the network. I'll try to replicate the problem by watching Iron Man again this weekend.
Icetrips

Re: Netgear Stora Playback Issues

Post by Icetrips »

it's Netgear Stora who wasn't able to read MakeMKV file correctly.
Since MakeMKV doing a direct copy of a Bluray, it's not optimized for Streaming or for MediaCenter without any playback abilities.

If you re-encore them with Handbrake, this'll be fixed because Handbrake re-encode for Streaming. Streaming is better for hardware who have limited playback abilities.
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA