makemkv beta 1.6.13 key won't hold...

Everything related to MakeMKV
tourmaline

makemkv beta 1.6.13 key won't hold...

Post by tourmaline »

No matter what i do, i can't seem to get the new registration code into makemkv 1.6.13.
Tried re-installing, cleaning registery, date backwards, date forward(screen pops up but doesn't take key).
It also seems to mess up my system. some other programs will hang etc. It also messes up partion manager, i can't open it.
When i remove makemkv, also all register entries, then everything works normal.
I also saw in task manager that i have 1 or more instances running, but i cannot stop them, not even with quit application in task manager!
No matter what i do, register in the help menu is greyed out!

I have to say that i also had similar problems with makemkv version 1.6.12, but somehow i got it to work, after several re-installs and date tweaks...this version 1.6.13 seems not to take any beta key...

Advice please...
tourmaline

Re: makemkv beta 1.6.13 key won't hold...

Post by tourmaline »

Ok, did some more testing and i am quite sure it's makemkv 1.6.13 that is messing up my system!
If i un-install makemkv and delete all registry entries, then my system is working as it should be, without any glitch. If i install makemkv, then partition manager hangs again and some other programs start to mess things up!

I am quite sure the register measurements they thought to implement backfire bigtime.

I was willing to put my money on makemkv, but even trying to register the darn software is such a pain in the you guys know where that i might look somewhere else.
I read on the forum more and more people are starting to get problems with make mkv 1.6.12 and 1.6.13, so obviously they changed something for registration in these versions!

Just hope you guys can fix this in version 1.6.14!!!
You guys have to gain my trust again, before i put my money into this.
mike admin

Re: makemkv beta 1.6.13 key won't hold...

Post by mike admin »

tourmaline wrote:Ok, did some more testing and i am quite sure it's makemkv 1.6.13 that is messing up my system!
If i un-install makemkv and delete all registry entries, then my system is working as it should be, without any glitch. If i install makemkv, then partition manager hangs again and some other programs start to mess things up!
This makes no sense at all. MakeMKV doesn't touch anything in the system and especially is unlikely to cause any side effects if not running.