30 day free trial + BETA?

Everything related to MakeMKV
hypnotixdmp

30 day free trial + BETA?

Post by hypnotixdmp »

I was just curious as to why you want to only give us a 30 day trial on a piece of software that is still in BETA stages? If you are able to give me a great response as to why, i will pay for a copy myself and shut up.
crowfax

Re: 30 day free trial + BETA?

Post by crowfax »

It's not a 30 day trial. You get a free key every month:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
hypnotixdmp

Post by hypnotixdmp »

Thanks, that is exactly what i wanted to know :)

Now i have another issue, when I get done ripping the files, every time i open the folder that contains the MKV file(s), explorer crashes on me. I try using an MKV to AVI converter and tha program crashes. Any idea why this happens?
twa000

Post by twa000 »

Haven't seen this problem for a long while, what OS are you running and do you have DivX software installed?
hypnotixdmp

Post by hypnotixdmp »

Windows 7 64 bit. Yes, i installed it to attempt to convert the MKV to AVI, could this be the issue?
twa000

Post by twa000 »

hypnotixdmp wrote:Windows 7 64 bit. Yes, i installed it to attempt to convert the MKV to AVI, could this be the issue?
In the DivX folder, look for DivX Plus Media Foundation Components folder, and then
DivXThumbnailProvider.dll and DivXPropertyHandler.dll.
They are associated with thumbnail production.
Try renaming them (DivX will continue to work without, or it did for me :D ).

If it works for you, you can also use Ccleaner (if you use it) to clean out the DivX thumbnail registry entries after the rename, otherwise use regedit.

I used the paid for version of DivX on my 32bit system and had the same problem with xplorer crashing due to thumbnails. I never installed DivX on my Win 7 64 bit and have never had the problem.
hypnotixdmp

Post by hypnotixdmp »

Wow, you think that they would fix that. Anyways, thinks for the feedback and guidance. My last question on this issue would be, if i just uninstall it, use CCleaner, reboot i should still be good right?
twa000

Post by twa000 »

hypnotixdmp wrote:Wow, you think that they would fix that. Anyways, thinks for the feedback and guidance. My last question on this issue would be, if i just uninstall it, use CCleaner, reboot i should still be good right?
Afraid DivX were not interested, typical software company (sorry Mike! don't mean Makemkv)

I am not sure if the DivX uninstall cleaned everything out, I think I still had the problem. However, from what I remember just doing the rename was OK, I just hate a bad registry and ccleaner will normally clean up for you.

I would just try the rename, if it solves the problem then you are OK, if not ..........
hypnotixdmp

Post by hypnotixdmp »

OK, so i uninstalled it AND ran CCleaner and i can now open the folder and watch the video file. My Issue now is i have nothing to convert from MKV to AVI now that DivX is gone. Does anyone have any freeware ideas?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox