General Questions Not in FAQ

Everything related to MakeMKV
isd503

Re: General Questions Not in FAQ

Post by isd503 »

Let's talk about unselecting check boxes one more time so I'm straight on it.

I see where I can (on a Mac) use CTRL-right click-Unselect all. However, this appears to work only at certain levels. What is the keystroke to use to unselect EVERYTHING (all check boxes at all levels).

I need to be able to unselect everything and then ONLY select what I want to backup.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

You can right-click (Control-click on macOS) at the 'highest level' to unselect everything.

For example, you could select the very first line where, for a blu-ray, it says 'Blu-ray disc' on the left (Type) and the title of the disc on the right (Description). Underneath it will be all the titles MakeMKV found on the disc. Right-click and pick 'Unselect all' on that line, and everything will be unselected.

The basic logic is when you right-click and pick Unselect, everything at your current level and lower will be unselected. Everything at a higher level is unaffected.
isd503

Post by isd503 »

I think we're talking past one another.

OK, so when the menu first opens after I scan a blu-ray, at the top level I might have 100 selections and all the boxes are checked. Each one of those also has checked boxes beneath it. I can see it is very easy to unselect all the boxes at the top level, but then, I have been opening up each of those top level entries and unselecting all the checked boxes beneath it too.

I read in another part of this forum that if the top level box is not checked all the sub-check boxes are also ignored. Is that true?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

isd503 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:18 pm
I read in another part of this forum that if the top level box is not checked all the sub-check boxes are also ignored. Is that true?
Yes.