Atmos .wav/ADM files?

Everything related to MakeMKV
benatural

Atmos .wav/ADM files?

Post by benatural »

Not sure if this is the right subforum or not, but here goes. I'm trying to extract the .wav from a UHD disc. I have a license for MakeMKV and I own a LibreDrive drive, and can extract the .mkv file which I know has the 7.1 audio data as well as atmos metadata embedded in it. I'm trying to basically take the Atmos meta data convert the 7.1 audio data into a 7.1.4 .wav or ADM file. Is this possible to do?
Woodstock

Re: Atmos .wav/ADM files?

Post by Woodstock »

Open the MKV file with mkvtoolnix and extract whatever track(s) you want from it.

Doesn't matter if it was DVD, BD, or UHD, so long as you've gotten the MKV file. The track is part of that.
benatural

Post by benatural »

Excellent! Thank you for your help, with mkvtoolnix I've extracted the TrueHD Atmos .mka file. Now the trick is to convert that to an ADM .wav file. Do you have any experience with that?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Only slightly, and only with older tools, like Audacity. Load the nice multi-channel input file, write the output. There are a lot of more modern tools out there, too.
Zeiren

Post by Zeiren »

Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

benatural wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:09 am
Excellent! Thank you for your help, with mkvtoolnix I've extracted the TrueHD Atmos .mka file. Now the trick is to convert that to an ADM .wav file. Do you have any experience with that?
Music Media Helper can decode Atmos and create a .atmos file that can be read by Fairlight, then exported as a ADM BWF. MMH will also create a WAV file with all of the atmos channels. There's a lot that I don't understand, but maybe there's someone who can add to this conversation.

Music Media Helper

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums ... eos.22693/

You also need Dolby Reference Player.
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.
RuhanS

Post by RuhanS »

Gatorman wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:40 pm
benatural wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:09 am
Music Media Helper can decode Atmos and create a .atmos file that can be read by Fairlight, then exported as a ADM BWF. MMH will also create a WAV file with all of the atmos channels. There's a lot that I don't understand, but maybe there's someone who can add to this conversation.

Music Media Helper

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums ... eos.22693/

You also need Dolby Reference Player.
hey can you tell me how to get the output in .atmos, i keep getting it in .w64 fsr