The Key

Everything related to MakeMKV
Cuddy2977

The Key

Post by Cuddy2977 »

I notice the Beta Key — the one that lets us use MakeMKV for free, whilst it’s in Beta — hasn’t been updated.

But that my copy of MakeMKV 1.17.3 seems to be working well enough: despite being three days past the expiry date, when it usually would be asking me to feed in the key.

Is anything happening?

It seems odd … 
Ezatoka

Re: The Key

Post by Ezatoka »

Why should it be updated? Still four days of March to go and the thread says "and is valid until end of March 2023."

Sometimes it takes a few days longer.
Cuddy2977

Post by Cuddy2977 »

Ezatoka wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:47 pm
Why should it be updated? Still four days of March to go and the thread says "and is valid until end of March 2023."

Sometimes it takes a few days longer.
I’ll be honest, I think I’m panicking a bit.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You did not hear this from me, but... Even if the key is "late", it is only checked at the START of the run. "I've heard" that if you set the system date to a day or two before the end, start MakeMKV, then restore the date to current, it works.

But I would not know such things, because I registered years ago. It's not like MakeMKV needs a repeated registration, and it's cheaper to register than most of the competition, so ...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

If you have the money, you can support mike with buying a licence at https://www.makemkv.com/buy