MakeMKV Help

Everything related to MakeMKV
nkhan

MakeMKV Help

Post by nkhan »

I have been backing up my Movies with MakeMKV and all my movies are in folders with various subfolders.
I have been this is not right and it should be one file.
Am i doing somehting wrong?
All i do insert the disc and back up to hard drive.
Problem is when i go to watch a movie from the hard disk i have to select from various m2ts files and dont know which is which.

Link below for what my movie looks like and sub folders.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/unledxwh.jpg/

Thank you
Smithcraft

Re: MakeMKV Help

Post by Smithcraft »

It looks like you are making a back up of the disc as opposed to ripping the content from the disc.

When you put a disc in, click on the 'disc -> HDD' button on the left side of the window. Then it will scan the disc and give you a list of items to rip. You can then select which items you want to rip with the check boxes and you can also select the desired audio and subtitle tracks.

Hope that helps!

SC
nkhan

Post by nkhan »

I get it now
Thanks for your help
Can I make a MKV with the files/folders I have or do I need to start from scratch with the disk again
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I make mkvs from rips of dvds that are in folders rather than disc images, so I would imagine it would work if you just point MakeMKV to the folders.

SC
nkhan

Post by nkhan »

Thanks mate, will give it a go tonight.
Is it worth making MKV of the whole Blu Ray or should i do just the Movie part.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Depends on what you want from the movie. If you want every bit, then go for it! If you only want this or that bit, then it gets a bit more interesting.

For me, I usually try to grab everything, then I sort out the garbage stuff like trailers that get past my minimum length setting or other parts that are just crap. Sometimes I would have just been better off just grabbing only the movie!

SC