Feature Suggestion - Submit Disk for decryption?

Everything related to MakeMKV
henryjfry

Feature Suggestion - Submit Disk for decryption?

Post by henryjfry »

I should preface this by saying that I have yet to get MakeMKV to work for me, i hope that eventually I would be able to use it to play blurays (and UHD if my drive supports it) on OSMC in Kodi.

I unfortunately currently cannot use it as my drive and/or vero4k doesnt work with the SCSI generic driver??
Im hoping thats just currently doesnt work, as no other method of decryption for aacs/bdplus is likely to be forthcoming

However as I understand it any disks which are new would need the pertinent data in the tar.gz submitted via email. Presumably to go into a queue for decryption, however that works.

Surely this should be an automated process? Or automated for any disk not yet sumitted?

But for someone who would only want to use it to play discs it would be more of a pain to have to try a disk and then plubish and send an email rather than just, "--test_decrypt disc:0" and have it do the necessarry or report "decryption successful" or "decryption queue item 301 of 301".

That way you might have some idea when you can play your new disc?
Billycar11

Re: Feature Suggestion - Submit Disk for decryption?

Post by Billycar11 »

What's you makemkv drive info section say not sure if that drive is compatible with 4k
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

I dont currently have it installed, as the linux install doesnt have SG enabled in the kernel so im installing a test image to see if its since been added.

However its a BDXL drive, so I think its theoretically possible that UHD could work. I dont have any actual UHD discs so its kind of a moot point but its a Pioneer:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: PIONEER Model: BD-RW BDR-209M Rev: 1.31
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 00
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

No UHD in that yet
If it were ever to do it it would need to be flashed
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

henryjfry wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:32 pm

I unfortunately currently cannot use it as my drive and/or vero4k doesnt work with the SCSI generic driver??
Im hoping thats just currently doesnt work, as no other method of decryption for aacs/bdplus is likely to be forthcoming
Is the drive self powered or being powered via USB? If it's powered by the USB that is probably why OSMC is unable to use it. You'd need a powered hub.
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

It's connected to a sata adapter and that has its own power.

The sg module is currently not enabled in the osmc kernel on the vero4k
It's possibly different on the rpi4 version of osmc. Not sure. The pi4 can't do hdr yet so while I do have osmc on it the Blu-ray is generally always connected to the vero4k

So I'm pretty sure the lack of sg is the main issue currently leading to no usable optical drive.
I can access the disc as a folder but I don't think it can decrypt with out accessing the disc over sg and identifying it correctly.

So since I've reinstalled I haven't tried makemkv again because it's not going to work for my purposes until the kernel is updated.

I'm hoping Sam at osmc will add it in as I think it's a moderately simple update and would potentially enable UHD playback on the OS for those with compatible hardware (which I don't apparently)
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:37 pm
No UHD in that yet
If it were ever to do it it would need to be flashed
I'm actually pretty sure my drive is supported as per this post:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27378

Appears to be listed as supported under SDF.bin V8 with original vendor firmware:

PIONEER-BD-RW___BDR-209M-1.31-05D1FFCC-8600ID58-20150525
PIONEER-BD-RW___BDR-209M-1.31-6A320FF5-8600-20150525
PIONEER-BD-RW___BDR-209M-1.31-EF8C9405-8600ID60-20150525

Hopefully a new osmc version with SG enabled in the kernel and ill be able to check, although I'd then need to borrow a UHD Blu-ray off someone to check it actually works as I don't have any.

Can't say I'd be heart broken if it still didn't work but it would be cool if it was an option