Spider-Man: Far From Home UHD and subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
ttnicky

Spider-Man: Far From Home UHD and subtitles

Post by ttnicky »

MakeMKV produced 3 english subtitle tracks for Spider-Man: Far From Home (UHD). The first is the HoH (more descriptive) track. I assumed the other two would be English and forced (foreign language). However there is no forced track and the other two are very similar. When I put them through Subtitle Edit, one has 1725 entries and the other has 1733 entries. The movie case only lists two english subtitles, HoH and regular. I don't want to compare these two tracks line by line. Anyone aware of an easy way I can figure out the difference between the two? Or anyone with personal experience with this title and able to tell me which track is the best? They both start and end the same way, but somewhere in the middle one track has additional lines.
ttnicky

Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home UHD and subtitles

Post by ttnicky »

I may have answered my own question. I started to process the 1733 entry version in Subtitle Edit and I'm seeing a lot of British spelling that wasn't present in the 1725 version. For example, travelling instead of traveling, neighbourhood instead of neighborhood, tranquilliser instead of tranquilizer. I think this disc contains a UK and American subtitle track. For some reason the UK version has a few extra entries. And the case (and dvdcompare.net) don't list the UK track.