beta key not working...

Everything related to MakeMKV
dragonstar0828

beta key not working...

Post by dragonstar0828 »

The beta key that's supposed to be valid through today isn't working - can we get a new one please and thank you.

drc :)
thetoad

Re: beta key not working...

Post by thetoad »

this is how it always works. It expires a bit before and a new one is given a few days later. As the saying goes, if one is unhappy with the situation, one can purchase a key.
dragonstar0828

Post by dragonstar0828 »

Thanks for the info, I read up on details of the beta key and apologize for my hasty posting.

drc :)
dabelstein

Post by dabelstein »

Hi the beta key has expired (it only lasted until 31st July and its now 2nd August)....anyone know if a new one will be posted or is it out of beta?
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

dabelstein wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Hi the beta key has expired (it only lasted until 31st July and its now 2nd August)....anyone know if a new one will be posted or is it out of beta?
seriously. read what I wrote above. Either have patience or buy a key. if we're a week into august, you can ask the Q, but it could also simply be that Mike went on a disconnected vacation.
baronluigi

Post by baronluigi »

You can just change your computers date and that would restart the trial option.
kyprime22

Post by kyprime22 »

baronluigi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:25 am
You can just change your computers date and that would restart the trial option.
that's really not a solution for anybody that does anything meaningful with their PC, playing with the PC's date will mess all the other programs

august 3rd waiting
dobyblue

Post by dobyblue »

Support the site and the creator, buy a key or wait. It is not unusual for there to be a gap between the expiry and new key.

See here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20579
rblood01

Post by rblood01 »

You get what you pay for... in this case you have to wait for the key to be uploaded. AS mentioned above if it was more than a week later, then it is fair to ask the question. I mean after all you are only backing up disk that YOU OWN, right. It only means a slight delay before you can do this.

I for one have used this program for a number of years. Converted 100s of my DVDs (which essentially is free with this program while in beta) and tested a Blu-ray movie.

I have said to myself that I'd get the program once I have setup the drive properly (UHD Drive, flash etc) I have done so recently, so I just bought the license. The process was painless and quick. I had the key before I even closed the browser. I suggest that you make a copy of this purchase as well as the key in case there are every problems and keep it in multiple safe places.

On a tangent, I like the fact that they allow you to use it on whichever platform you desire and don't have an expiration date on the software. The price is fair and about the cost of one backed up copy of a new full priced Blu-Ray movie.
slayerking

Post by slayerking »

rblood01 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:03 pm
I have said to myself that I'd get the program once I have setup the drive properly (UHD Drive, flash etc) I have done so recently, so I just bought the license. The process was painless and quick. I had the key before I even closed the browser. I suggest that you make a copy of this purchase as well as the key in case there are every problems and keep it in multiple safe places.

On a tangent, I like the fact that they allow you to use it on whichever platform you desire and don't have an expiration date on the software. The price is fair and about the cost of one backed up copy of a new full priced Blu-Ray movie.
I would buy it now if the company doing the billing wasn't trying to scam those not in the U.S. Price is $50USD right? The exchange rate for AUD is $67.55 they payment place is charging $93, Sorry but not going to happen when they are clearly trying to scam on the exchange (The payment company that is NOT the makemkv guys ;) )
baronluigi

Post by baronluigi »

kyprime22 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:18 pm
baronluigi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:25 am
that's really not a solution for anybody that does anything meaningful with their PC, playing with the PC's date will mess all the other programs

august 3rd waiting
Beggars cannot be choosers.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Beta key updated, totally forgot about it. And to close the topic, I think its rather a fir choice - buy if you think it is worth the price, or use beta key if you don't...