Minimum Title length

Everything related to MakeMKV
cappy2112

Minimum Title length

Post by cappy2112 »

I've just ripped a DVD which has 9 titles.
While ripping the following was displayed. It looks like I'll need to re-rip this DVD because many titles were skipped.

Do people usually change the minimal title length to a small number so that
all titles get ripped?

optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.01d" opened in OS access mode.
Using direct disc access mode
Title #1 was added (33 cell(s), 1:44:03)
Title #2 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5 has length of 21 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5/1 has length of 78 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5/2 has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6/1 has length of 16 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #7 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #8 has length of 37 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #9 has length of 38 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Woodstock

Re: Minimum Title length

Post by Woodstock »

That would depend on how attached you are to "bonus features".

I set mine to 30 seconds, and pretty much anything that is less than 300 seconds will be deleted after watching to verify what it was.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Chetwood

Re: Minimum Title length

Post by Chetwood »

I don't care about bonus features so my min title length is 20 minutes which should be enough for sitcom episodes.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch